How long does it take to deep clean a house? This is a question that many people ask, and the answer can vary depending on the size of your house, how cluttered it is, and how much cleaning you want to do. In this blog post, we will give you an overview of the process and provide some tips to help make it go more quickly. Deep cleaning your house is definitely worth the time and effort it takes, so let’s get started!
What Factors Influence How Long It Takes to Deep Clean a House?
When it comes to deep cleaning your house there are a few factors that can influence how long it will take to thoroughly clean every aspect of your home. Among the most important factors to consider is fire and foremost, the size of your house. If you have a large house, it will take longer to clean than a smaller one. The second factor is how cluttered your house is.
A cluttered house will take longer to clean because there will be more things to move around and dust. The third factor is how much cleaning you want to do. If you just want to do a quick once-over, it will take less time than if you’re doing a thorough cleaning from top to bottom.
How Long Does it Take to Deep Clean a House?
Having said that, on average it would take about 8 hours to deep clean a typical 3-bedroom house and family bathroom with about an extra hour added to the total cleaning time for every additional bedroom. Keep in mind that this is a rough estimate and that cleaning time will vary depending on the other factors of your home in terms of home size and current state of cleanliness.
What is the Step by Step Process of Deep Cleaning a House?
Now that we’ve answered the question, “How long does it take to deep clean a house?”, let’s take a look at the process of actually doing it. While the steps may vary slightly depending on your situation, in general, the process looks something like this:
- Start with decluttering and getting rid of any items you no longer need or want. This will make the actual cleaning process much easier and quicker. Decluttering also makes deep cleaning easier and seeing those tidy surfaces can help boost your motivation to keep going.
- After you declutter your home the next step dusting all your surfaces. You essentially want to start with the ceilings and work your way down to the floors. Be sure to dust all surfaces, including ceiling fans, light fixtures, walls, door frames, baseboards, and more. When dusting, be sure to use a microfiber cloth to trap the dust instead of just moving it around.
- Following your dusting the next step is cleaning all your windows, both inside and out. This includes wiping down window sills, cleaning blinds or curtains, and washing the actual glass. If you have outdoor windows, this is also a good time to wash the screens.
- After you’ve tackled the dusting and windows, it’s time to move on to the floors and appliances. Start by sweeping or vacuuming all the floors in your house, then move on to mopping. If you have hardwood floors, be sure to use the appropriate cleaner so you don’t damage them. Be sure to clean all your appliances, countertops, cabinets, and sinks in your kitchen and bathroom.
- Finally, vacuum all carpets and floors throughout the house. If you have any upholstered furniture, this is a good time to vacuum or steam clean it as well.
How Often Should You Deep Clean Your Home?
Ideally, you should deep clean your house between once to twice a year. However, depending on your situation, you may need to do it more or less often. If you have young children or pets, for example, you may need to deep clean more frequently because of the increased messes.
No matter how often you deep clean your house, the most important thing is that you do it regularly so that it doesn’t become a huge chore. A little bit of preventative maintenance goes a long way! You can also consider hiring a professional cleaning company to assist you when it comes time for your deep cleaning. If you are looking for a professional cleaning company check us out today! At ProClean we specialize in providing top-notch house cleaning maid service Vancouver.
All in all, deep cleaning a house is definitely not a quick or easy process. However, it is well worth the time and effort to have a clean and clutter-free home. Hopefully, this guide has given you a better idea of what to expect and how to get started. For more tips on “How To Deep Clean Your House“, explore our blog page! Good luck and happy cleaning!
Thanks For Reading!
We hope this article was helpful. For more info, feel free to check out some of our other blog posts down below!
- How to Make Your House Look Cleaner
- How to Clean the Mirror at Home
- How to Clean a Kitchenaid Dishwasher
- How Long Does Duct Cleaning Take
- How to Clean Zebra Blinds
- How to Clean Hair out of Office Chair Wheels
- What is Residential Cleaning
- How to Clean Balcony Floors
- How Often Should You Clean Your House
- How Long Does it Take to Deep Clean a House
- How to Keep the House Clean if You Have a Dog
- How Long Does a Move Out Cleaning Take
- How to Clean a Rotisserie Oven
- How to Clean Roller Shutters
- Can You Use a Carpet Cleaner on Tile Floors
To learn more about the services that we offer at ProClean check out the resources down below!