How to Clean Balcony Floors?
Cleaning your balcony floors can be a daunting task. However, it is important to keep them clean in order to avoid any unwanted pests, debris or other sanitary issues. In this blog post, we will cover the best ways to clean your balcony floors and get them looking new again! With that said, let’s get started!
Remove All Debris & Declutter
The first step in cleaning your balcony floors is to remove all debris. This includes leaves, dirt, and any other items that may be cluttering up the area. Once you have removed all of the debris, you will be able to better assess the state of your floors.
Balcony floors in particular are very commonly notorious for being covered in old mats, wilted flower pots, or other unused equipment. As a result, be sure to take your time with the decluttering process which is key to a successful cleaning!
Sweep & Vacuum
After you have removed all of the debris, it is time to sweep and vacuum your floors. This will help to remove any remaining dirt or dust that may be clinging to the surface. Be sure to pay special attention to corners and tight spaces.
A good vacuuming will also help to loosen any dirt that may be difficult to reach with a broom. Also be sure to remove any furniture before you start vacuuming to ensure that you get every nook and cranny during the sweep and vacuuming process.
Mop & Disinfect
Once you have swept and vacuumed your floors, it is time to mop and disinfect them. This will help to remove any bacteria or other germs that may be present. Be sure to use a mild detergent and warm water when mopping. For extra disinfecting power, you can also add a few drops of bleach to your mop bucket. Once you have mopped the floors, be sure to rinse them well with clean water.
Using a water hose or pressure washer is among the most recommended ways to thoroughly rinse your balcony space. Having said that, if your balcony is situated over a neighbors then it may be best to simply stick to using a mop and bucket containing a few drops of bleach as opposed to overflowing your balcony with unwanted water that may leak onto your neighbor.
Dry & Polish
After you have mopped and disinfected your floors, it is important to dry and polish them. This will help to protect the floors from future dirt and debris. Be sure to use a clean, dry towel to wipe down the floors. You can also use a floor polisher for an extra shine. A floor polisher basically helps to fill in any cracks or crevices that may be present on your floors while giving your floors an extra shine.
What is the Difference Between Cleaning Wooden and Concrete Balcony Floors?
The main difference between cleaning wooden and concrete balcony floors is the type of cleaner that you will use. For wooden floors, it is important to use a cleaner that is specifically designed for wood. This will help to protect the wood from any damage. Concrete floors, on the other hand, can be cleaned with a variety of different cleaners. However, it is important to avoid using any cleaners that are too harsh as this can damage the concrete.
How to Deal With Different Stains on Your Balcony Floors?
If you find your balcony has stains here are a few quick recommendations depending on the type of stain you have:
- Leaf Stains: Try sprinkling powdered laundry detergent on the stain after rinsing it off and scrubbing it with your brush again. Detergent that says it’s effective against food stains works the best.
- Grease Stains: Using a degreaser is the best way to remove grease stains. You can find degreasers at most hardware stores.
- Oil Stains: For oil stains utilize trisodium phosphate or TSP. This can be found at most hardware stores as well. Simply mix together with water and scrub the stain.
Enjoy Your Clean Balcony Floors!
Cleaning your balcony floors may seem like a daunting task. However, by following the steps outlined in this blog post, you can easily get your floors looking new again! With that said, enjoy your clean balcony floors and be sure to stay on top of the cleaning to keep them looking their best!
Additionally, If you’re interested in hiring a balcony cleaning service, contact us today! We would be more than happy to discuss your specific needs and provide you with a quote. To check out the areas we service feel free to check out our primary locations down below!
- Cleaning Services Vancouver
- Cleaning Services North Vancouver
- Cleaning Services Burnaby
- Cleaning Services Richmond
Do you have any tips on How to Clean Balcony Floors? Please share them in the comments below! Additionally, if you enjoyed this blog post, be sure to share it with your friends and family! All the best & happy cleaning!
Thanks For Reading!
We hope this article was helpful. For more info, feel free to check out some of our other blog posts down below!
- How to Make Your House Look Cleaner
- How to Clean the Mirror at Home
- How to Clean a Kitchenaid Dishwasher
- How Long Does Duct Cleaning Take
- How to Clean Zebra Blinds
- How to Clean Hair out of Office Chair Wheels
- What is Residential Cleaning
- How to Clean Balcony Floors
- How Often Should You Clean Your House
- How Long Does it Take to Deep Clean a House
- How to Keep the House Clean if You Have a Dog
- How Long Does a Move Out Cleaning Take
- How to Clean a Rotisserie Oven
- How to Clean Roller Shutters
- Can You Use a Carpet Cleaner on Tile Floors
To learn more about our services that we offer at ProClean check out the resources down below!
[…] How to Clean Balcony Floors […]
[…] How to Clean Balcony Floors […]