Do you want to start making money by renting out your home on Airbnb? Great! But before you start listing your place, there are a few things you need to do to get it ready for guests. Namely, you need to give it a good cleaning. If you have been wondering how to clean for Airbnb, don’t worry – we’ve got you covered! Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to clean for Airbnb. Let’s get started!
What is Airbnb Cleaning and How to Clean for Airbnb?
How to clean for Airbnb? Airbnb cleaning is a thorough process that involves deep-cleaning your space from top to bottom. This includes scrubbing walls, floors, bathrooms and kitchens, dusting surfaces, vacuuming carpets and furniture, and laundering linens. It also includes tidying up clutter, disposing of garbage, wiping down appliances, and sweeping the entryway. Airbnb cleaning ensures your guests will have a comfortable and pristine place to stay during their visit.
How to Clean for Airbnb and Why is it Important to Clean Your Airbnb for Guests?
How to clean for Airbnb? Keeping your Airbnb clean is essential not only for keeping up appearances and creating five-star ratings, but also to protect the health of your guests. Cleanliness sets a welcoming atmosphere and makes visitors feel more comfortable in their temporary home away from home.
Additionally, a deep clean after you’ve finished cleaning will make sure any newly tracked dirt or grimes are gone before future guests arrive. Not only that, disinfecting areas like door handles and tables ensures that even if there were any germs lingering from the last set of tenants, they have been eliminated. In short, by properly cleaning your Airbnb before and after each guest visit, you can make sure your space is looking its best for guests and reducing the amount of airborne bacteria that can make people sick. With that said, here are the steps to clean your Airbnb accordingly.
Step #1 – Prepare the Airbnb for Cleaning
The first step in preparing your Airbnb for cleaning is to clear out any clutter that may have been left behind. This means removing plates and cups from the kitchen, taking blankets and pillows off the beds and couches, and picking up any items that may have been left lying around. Clearing out these items will allow you to quickly go through with a vacuum or mop and efficiently clean the space.
Additionally, ensuring that all windows are open to get in fresh air can help ensure that the guests experience a refreshed environment. Remember to take time as you do this so that you can properly prepare and make sure everything is ready! With that said, here is a quick checklist to help you dial in on your preparation:
Checklist for Preparation
- Ventilate the rooms before cleaning: You can do this by opening the windows, turning on the fan or just choosing to allow the house to air out for a few minutes. Ventilation during and after cleaning is helpful in reducing exposure to cleaning and disinfection products and byproducts.
- Remove all clutter: Take away any items such as dishes, blankets, pillows, or magazines that may have been left by guests. This will help make sure you don’t miss any spots while cleaning.
- Gather all needed cleaning items: You don’t want to be running back and forth hunting for a sponge or bottle of cleaner. Make sure you gather up everything you need ahead of time.
- Wear protective cleaning equipment: If you are using any chemicals, make sure to put on gloves and a face mask. This will help reduce your exposure to the products.
- Unplug before cleaning: Unplug any electronics before you start cleaning to prevent any accidental shock or damage.
- Take out the trash: Don’t forget to take out any trash that may have been left behind. This is an important step in leaving your Airbnb ready for the next set of guests.
Step #2 – Clear Dust from Surfaces and Clean Debris
Now that you have everything prepared, it is time to start actually cleaning. Begin by dusting all surfaces using a damp cloth or duster and then wiping them down with a dry one. Make sure to pay special attention to dusty spots in hard-to-reach places like behind furniture, under tables, and on top of shelves. If there are any cobwebs or insects, make sure to use a vacuum cleaner to suck them up and get rid of them. Additionally, if you have carpets or rugs, take some time to steam clean them as well. Here are some quick tips in regard to clearing dust and cleaning debris:
- Clean hard surfaces with soap and water. For tougher grime, you can use a kitchen cleaner or vinegar and water solution.
- When dusting , use a damp cloth and then follow up with a dry one to get rid of any remaining moisture. Start from the top down to ensure there are no visible signs left over.
- Use a vacuum cleaner or broom to remove dust and debris from carpets and rugs.
- Clean all surfaces with disinfectant wipes: This will help kill germs that may have been lingering on surfaces.
Step #3 – Sanitize all Surfaces with Disinfectant
After dusting your surfaces and furniture, it is now time to sanitize them. Start by spraying a disinfectant onto surfaces like tables, countertops, sinks and toilets. Make sure to get into all the nooks and crannies of the space so that you can be sure everything is clean and safe. Once you’ve done this, use a clean cloth or paper towels to wipe up any excess cleaner and make sure that everything is nice and dry.
You can also use a disinfectant spray on door handles, light switches, faucets and other hard surfaces to ensure they are free from germs. Finally, if you have carpets or rugs in the space, be sure to treat them with a carpet cleaner as well.
Step #4 – Refresh the Air
Now that you have cleaned and sanitized all surfaces, it is time to refresh the air. This can be done by using a natural air freshener, such as an essential oil diffuser, or spraying a light mist of scented water into the room. You can also open windows for a few minutes to let in some fresh air. Finally, if you have a vacuum or steam cleaner, use it to help move any lingering dust or dirt out of the space and freshen up the air as well.
Step #5 – Make Final Touches
Finally, once everything has been cleaned, sanitized and refreshed it is time to make the final touches. This can include things such as changing out towels, refilling toiletries and making sure that all furniture is arranged in its proper place and ready for your Airbnb guests. Additionally, if you have any decorative elements like plants or artwork, be sure to put them back in their rightful place. Doing this will help ensure that your guests feel welcome when they arrive.
Conclusion – How to Clean for Airbnb
Once all of these steps are complete, your Airbnb will be ready for its next guests, and you can feel confident knowing that it is clean and safe. Having a set cleaning routine in place is essential to making sure your Airbnb stays looking great and providing a good experience for your guests.
Overall by following these steps you can be rest-assured that it will help keep your Airbnb looking great and ensure you are providing your guests with the best experience. If you need help on how to clean for Airbnb, contact us today!