How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House?
How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House? Nothing cools us off when the temperature rises like a blast of air from an air conditioner. But just like any other appliance, your AC needs some TLC every once in a while to keep it running optimally and efficiently.
To get the most cooling power and energy savings out of your system, you need to know how to clean your AC evaporator coils inside the house.
It can seem daunting if you don’t know what you’re doing, but fear not! We’ll take you step by step through this process so that next time, keeping your home’s HVAC system clean will be easy and breezy!
How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House?: Essential Tools To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House
How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House? Cleaning the evaporator coils on your air conditioner is a task most homeowners find intimidating. However, it’s easier than it may seem, and with the right tools and patience, you can get the job done in about an hour. Here are the essential tools you’ll need to start cleaning your AC evaporator coils
- Soft-bristle Brush or Vacuum Cleaner
- It is designed to clean out your AC unit’s coils and help you get into every hard-to-reach nook and cranny.
- Remove any screws holding the cover plate in place; this will allow you access to all the coils inside your home’s unit.
- Solvent (like WD-40)
- Using a rag and wiping down each coil until it is clean and shiny is integral to cleaning your air conditioner’s evaporator coils. Start by taking a soft-bristle brush or vacuum cleaner and gently brushing away any dust, dirt, and debris that may have built up on the surface of your coils.
These tools are easy to gather and probably ready in your hardware kit or garage. Once you have all the necessary tools, it’s time to start cleaning.
How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House?: Easy Ways To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House
How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House? A dirty AC evaporator coil can cause many problems, from poor airflow to the compressor running all the time. To keep your AC running smoothly and efficiently, you’ll need to clean your evaporator coils regularly. Here are four easy steps to clean AC evaporator coils inside the house:
Step 1: Turn off the AC or Unplug It
- This step is essential because if you don’t shut off the power to your unit, it may cause a fire or electrocution. Therefore, ensure all power is off before continuing this process.
Step 2: Remove The AC Unit Cover Plate.
- You should be able to find your cover plate in the back of your unit, near where it connects to the ductwork. Then, using a screwdriver, remove the cover plate by taking out any screws holding it in place and set it aside for later use if needed again after the cleaning process has been completed successfully!
Step 3: Clean Off Dirt, Dust, and Debris
- The key to keeping your AC’s coils clean is ensuring you get the dirt off them. You can use a vacuum cleaner with a brush attachment, but it’s often better to use a broom or a Swiffer duster. The bristles of these tools will help you get into the nooks and crannies where dirt tends to collect.
Step 4: Spray Solvent on Each Coil
- The final step in cleaning AC evaporator coils is to spray the solvent onto each coil. The solvent is designed to break down dirt and grime. Spray it on each coil and let it sit for about five minutes. Then use a rag or brush to scrub away the debris. Make sure you don’t get any solvent on your skin, as it can irritate it.
PRO CLEAN TIP:
How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House? Once everything is clean, reconnect the power supply and run the unit for two hours before turning it off again (this will help dry out any moisture left behind by cleaning).
These are the essential tools you need to use. I m sure they are already in your home. So gather them and start cleaning your AC evaporator coils inside your house! But if you still can’t fix it, don’t hesitate to contact us today.
Frequently Asked Questions
What Is AC Evaporator Coil, and How Does It Work?
How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House? An air conditioner’s evaporator coil is responsible for cooling your home. It works by removing heat from the air in your home and transferring it to the refrigerant inside your unit. This process creates cold air that is distributed throughout your home via ductwork. Unfortunately, when the coil becomes dirty or clogged with dirt, it can no longer remove heat effectively, leading to higher energy bills and poor indoor air quality.
How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House and How Often Should I Clean My AC Evaporator Coils?
Clean your evaporator coils regularly to ensure they function correctly. If you live in an area with high humidity, consider cleaning them once a month. You may only need to do this in drier climates every two or three months. You can also hire professionals like us to do it for you!
How To Clean AC Evaporator Coils Inside The House and How do I Know When My AC Evaporator Coils Need To Be Cleaned?
If your air conditioner is blowing warm air, it’s time for a cleaning. You can also look at the temperature gauge on your thermostat to determine if your AC unit is working efficiently.
What Are The Benefits of Cleaning An AC Evaporator?
Cleaning your evaporator coils will ensure they’re working correctly, saving you money on your energy bill. Additionally, a clean AC system will keep your home cool in the summer and warm in the winter.
If you have questions about cleaning an AC evaporator coil or any other service we offer, call us or contact us today!
If you have a busy schedule cleaning your AC Evaporator Coils in your home, you can also reach out to us, and we’ll be happy to help you out. You can also find more information about our house cleaning services below:
- House Cleaning Services in Vancouver
- House Cleaning Services in North Vancouver
- House Cleaning Services in Richmond
- House Cleaning Services in Burnaby
- Google My Business